Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My latest Obsession

I started sewing when I was about eight years old. I remember sitting at Grandma Mayme’s sewing machine making simple skirts and shirts for my Barbie dolls. Of course they weren’t very good, but they made me happy.

I haven’t sewn very much in the past twenty years, mainly because I didn’t have a sewing machine. Well my sweet fiancé, Chris, bought me a new sewing machine for my birthday. I have had fun getting back into sewing, and there is so much I don’t know, but I am having fun.

I have made several cell phone sleeves,including some for the girls at work, three camera strap covers, and a laptop cover.

These are some of the cell phone sleeves I made.

DSC00050

DSC00061

DSC00047

DSC00048

DSC00055

DSC00057

Here are the camera strap covers I made. I got the idea for this one from Kevin and Amanda.com.

DSC00064

DSC00066

This is the first one I made and it’s not very good.

DSC00070

DSC00069

DSC00075

Janna

3 comments:

  1. so cute! I love them. I wish we lived closer so you could teach me how to sew. I am an awful at sewing. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna--these are so cute! You should sell them! I know you'd have a lot of interested buyers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cell phone sleeves! So adorable. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete