Monday, November 16, 2009

Window Frame

Do you guys remember the small window frame I got at a yard sale a while back? I would show you a before pic of it, but after installing Windows 7 I can't seem to find any of my old pictures. It wasn't a real window, more of a decorative one. I didn't really have a plan for it when I bought it, but it was only fifty cents so I couldn't pass it up.


Last night I was a little bored, so I pulled this out and began to work on it. I painted it an off white linen color, sanded the edges, and used a little Minwax to darken them. It looked really cute, but I still didn't know what I was going to do with it.... then I remembered what Angie did with an old window. She placed scrapbook paper behind the glass and it turned out so cute. I thought that was a perfect idea, so I copied.



Do you think I need to add something to the middle??
I kinda like it the way it is.


I know it blends in with the wall, but I'm going to move it.



Did you notice the mistake I made??



I didn't have enough paper to spread all the way across..
Oh well...




I also wanted to show you a couple of pics of my roomate's dog,Wrigley.









Isn't he adorable?
Wrigley thinks he's a pug too, at least that's what his dad says.





Janna

6 comments:

  1. The window looks great with the scrapbook paper...for the center...add an black/white photo or maybe a vinyl monogram...about the frame color and wall color...I think it looks okay. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! It looks great!! You could put a mirror in the center, if you go to home depot or lowes they can cut one to size for you. It looks great and I LOVE your background and new header!!
    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors that you used and the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the window, i didn't notice the mistake until you pointed it out, and even then had to look hard to find it! awesome project and super cute pup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute project! I really like the paper you used. What about just hanging an empty frame painted the same color in the middle? Just a thought. Great job and I didn't even notice the mistake until you pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks GREAT! Hope you're having a great Thankgiving!

    ReplyDelete