Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Wreaths!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Chris and I went to his aunt's house for dinner and we are going to my parent's house this weekend to visit with them. I have been very busy lately with work, but I did find time to make some cute little wreaths. You guys have probably seen, or made, these before, but I love them and they are so easy to make. All you need is a wire hanger and about a yard of material.

I start by cutting my fabric into strips about four inches long by an inch wide.  Next you take your hanger and form it into a rough cirle and secure it at the top. .



Then you start tieing your strips into a knot on the hanger.

I used a faux silk fabric on this wreath and it frays so bad, so I singed the edges a little with a lighter.



This is the faux silk wreath and I know... it's a little lopsided.



I think this is the cutest wreath!
Please ignore my ugly scrub top...




I thought this fabric would look like a candy cane, but I think it looks more like a circus tent.





I also wanted to show you this pretty wreath that my soon-to-be SIL made for me. Thanks Kimmy! Love you!!





Janna










2 comments:

  1. They are all very cute...my fav is...the red checks!!!! Hope you have a nice visit with your parents.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete