Friday, December 4, 2009

Snowflakes

Hi my name is Janna and I am a copycat... I can't help it, there are so many creative blogs out there with so many great projects. I have been following Let it shine for a while now and she is so talented and creative. If you havn't checked out her blog yet, you should. A couple of days ago, she posted about these adorable snowflakes that she bought at the Dollar Tree. She used a glaze on them to make them look old and german glass like and hung them from the ceiling. I fell in love with the idea so I had to run to the Dollar Tree as soon as I could. I didn't get the same snowflake ornaments that she did, but I love them just the same. I also didn't have a glaze, so I just sponged some Minwax stain in dark walnut on mine and I love them. They are cute when you buy them, but they are just a little too glittery and bright.

It is so hard to get a good picture of the before and after.



I think they look a lot better after the stain and not as cheap either.









As you can see they are very messy.




I couldn't get a good wide shot last night, but I'll try to today.



Janna




2 comments:

  1. Janna--those snowflakes look great! I love the colors--it is fun to decorate with other colors than red and green at Christmas! I might have to try that craft too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those snowflakes!! They look great!!

    ReplyDelete