Thursday, December 24, 2009

The stockings ARE hung!

Since Chris and I aren't lucky enough to have a mantle, we have to come up with creative ways to hang our stockings each year. This year I decided to use something I bought at a yard sale. I don't know what you would call it, but I fell in love with the legs and had to have it. Chris took it to work and cut it apart for me and I gave it a couple of coats of black craft paint and sanded the edges.

Before


After
I realize this would look so much better if we had matching stockings and the dog's names weren't scribbled on in sharpie.


Yeah, I used thumb tacks....I meant to get little hooks but I forgot.



I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

I am going to try to post some pictures of our tree tonight!


Janna











3 comments:

  1. Very cute and creative idea. It can be so tricky to figure out where to hang the stockings if you don't have a fire place. This is a great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna--you are so talented and crafty! I love that idea for your stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT idea!!! I don't have a mantle either. I wish I'd seen this before Christmas. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete