Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just Beachy!

Lately, I can not get my mind off of the beach. Chris and I have been planning our vacation to Myrtle Beach, and I am so excited. We went last summer and had such a good time.

I recently found this wall art on Ballard Design’s web site. I fell in love with it right away and I knew I wanted it. Of course I wasn’t ready to pay two hundred dollars for it, so I had an idea..

ballarddesignbeachart 

I remembered this huge picture that I had bought at Goodwill. I had tried painting it several times, but I never liked the way it turned out.

[100_0395.JPG]

(This isn’t the correct date)

Here is my version of the Ballard’s painting. I am not an artist and I know it isn’t perfect, but I am happy with it.

DSC01152

DSC01168

 

beachcollage

I used scrapbook stickers for the letters and masking tape for the arrow.

 

DSC01166

I think I’ll touch up the bottom a little. It looks too streaky for me.

Janna

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. It looks SOOO good! I love it, I know I say this all the time but I wish we lived closer so we could craft together!!
    Talk to you soon,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it looks SO good!! I agree I would never, ever pay $200 for a picture that's crazy!!
    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janna--that looks amazing, you are very talented! I love your blog background and header too! Hope your summer is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I actually like your version better.
    You've got talent, girl.

    Also, two pugs? Ah. I love that. I especially love that you have a fawn and a black one, like me! Pugs are the best.

    ReplyDelete