Monday, October 12, 2009

Whale of a weathervane!

I went to the best yard sale today and I could kick myself for not buying more. I was trying to hurry because Chris was hungover and sleeping waiting for me in the car. I had been keeping my eyes open for a metal basket to hang on the front door, and I actually got two, for free. Please don't judge these little guys yet, they just need a little love...






The yellow basket had a funky flower on it too, but I ripped it off.
Like I said the baskets were free, she was asking twenty-five cents, but ended up just throwing them in.
Score!

I also bought a cute weathervane with a whale on it. I had to hover and wait on this one, but I eventually got it. I thought I probably paid too much for it but I have been looking around online and they can get pretty pricey.I paid five dollars for it and I love it just the way it is.



Isn't she pretty??

They also had three scroll wall hangings that I should have bought. I have even thought about driving back to that house to see if they still have them. They were kinda like this one that I found at open window designs.


Janna

4 comments:

  1. I just looove those cute little buckets...can't wait to see what you do with them.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your weathervane!! That was a steal for $5!!
    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That weathervane is really neat. Great find! I always love when people thow things in for free and those buckets were great freebies. I look forward to seeing what you do with everything. Thanks for visiting and following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO remember that igloo that we made, that was so fun! I like snow too, espcially days when we can stay home all day!
    Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete