Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall Decorating

I don't think anyone has actually read my blog yet, but I am continuing on anyway...

I finally finished my chalkboard tray (after two more coats of paint) and I think it is soooo cute. Chris and our roomate, Matt, have already been doodling on it, and to think Chris thought the tray was a waste of money. I've got it on our bed right now, but I'm not sure I like it there.
I have also been decorating a little for fall. I know it's early, but I couldn't wait any longer. I was at JoAnn Fabrics the other day with my mom and I fell in love with this orange star decoration. I bought some cheap flowers and stuck them in it and now I have a cute decoration for my front door.
I had some left over flowers and I wanted some kind of decoration for my deck, so I went rummaging through the recycling bin. Is that crazy?? I had three glass jars from starbucks coffee so I came up with this. I'm not sure if I like them and I'm still debating if they look a little trashy.
I found a cute glass bowl/jar (sorry, I don't know what it's actually called) at a yard sale recently, and I didn't really know what I would do with it, I just knew I loved it. Right now I just stuck a small pumpkin in it that my mom painted years ago. I am hoping to come up with something a little more creative. Any ideas???I also made the Boo can next to it, it's a small coffee can. I just glued some material on, added a ribbon and some scapbooking letters. Cute huh??
Janna

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! I am SO happy you started a blog!! How exciting!! I love your craft projects! I wish we lived closer so we could craft together.

    ReplyDelete