Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Blog!!!

This is my first blog and I must say, I am a little nervous. Since I love crafting, I thought I would show you what I've been up to lately. I found this ugly wooden bird, which kind of looks like a dinosaur depending how you look at it, at a yard sale yesterday and decided to paint it using the Krylon stone paint. Well I think it looks a million times better than before. Sorry I didn't take any before pics, but I will in the future.

And here's what happened when I was taking the picture..... It fell off the deck. Oh well, I guess I'll break out the wood glue.

I also got a small tray yesterday and it had a design that was cute, but it wasn't me. So what to do??? Paint it!! I decided to do the outside in a blue that would match our bedroom and do the inside with chalk paint. I wanted to keep it on our bed to put the remote, pens, etc. in. I thought the chalk board would be fun since Chris and I could leave messages for each other. I still have to do a few touch-ups because the chalk paint leaked through the tape. It isn't really this bright in person.


I know we see a lot of junk at yard sales, and I can usually resist. But yesterday I got
 something, and I have no idea what to do with it. I thought it was cute and interesting and I could do something with it, but all I can think of is to have Chris make me a scrapbooking table out of it. Look for yourself and let me know if you have any ideas.

I think it looks a lot cuter in person and i took the pic with my webcam since I couldn't find my camera so it's not real good quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment