Monday, September 21, 2009

Initial Frames!

Chris and I got up super early Saturday morning to go to yard sales. Chris hates going with me, and getting up early, but goes anyway to make me happy. At the first sale we went to, I fould a "Fitz and Floyd" Santa figurine for 2$. Can you believe that? I looked it up online and they are still 48$. This was the best deal of the day!!




I also found these two ugly shadow box frames from the 80's. They were country blue with pink mats, and weren't even open yet. I was so excited to find them and couldn't wait to get them home. I had plans for them already.




Pretty ugly,right?

I started by sanding the frames, painted them in ivory, after they dried I painted around the edges and grooves with some wood finish in dark walnut, and then I distressed them a little.




I ended up painting the mats an eggshell blue spraypaint, which scared me a little bit, but worked out okay. I bought some wood letters and painted them in the stone spraypaint, and then added some Rub-ons on the back mat. ( I don't know what the back is actually called) 


I think I am going to hang them over our bed, but not sure yet..I had so much fun making them, I wish I had more!

Janna

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did to those frames, they turned out so cute!! I love to go garage sales every Saturday morning too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LUV how your ugly frames turned out...the colors you used look GREAT...the rub ons also add that extra touch. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Great work on the frames! Thanks so much for your visit and for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete