Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall Subway Art

I made a stop at the Goodwill the other day and found some small canvases. They weren’t really my taste, but I knew I could paint them and they were only 1.58. I think they originally came from Target.
canvas1
I cannot wait for Fall, it’s my favorite season, so I decided to make some Fall art.
SANY0480
I painted the canvas white and used the leftover part of some scrapbook stickers for a template. I mixed up some orange and green paint for the letters and then applied some watered down stain over the whole thing.

SANY0521
Sorry for the blurry pic…

SANY0531
I tried to put in things that I think of when I think of Fall.
Dairy Days is the fall festival in my home town.
SANY0532
I love going to haunted houses!
subwaycollage

I am linking to The Shabby Nest and Domestically Speaking.

7 comments:

  1. Just popped over from you comment on my blog. I LOVE your signs! I have done a few subway art pieces and love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented Janna! I love the art you created and your blog background is so cute for fall! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great colors for fall... I'm going to have to get busy and make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I love this unique take on Subway art!! I'm your newest follower! Nice to see another wedding planning Midwesterner here in blogland :) Looking forward to see what's next! Stop on by sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I love the subway art. I love decorating for Fall and this would be perfect. Saw you on Domestically Speaking. I enjoyed your blog! Have a great day and stop by if you get the chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sign. You did a great job! Great GW find with the canvases.

    Partying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you used. I could do a whole sign on football. I like that you thought to add that on there. Cute!

    ReplyDelete